To install this tracking, you can utilize click-tracking so that we can see how many clicks a particular graphic link or hyperlink received. We can do this by replacing the existing URL in the hyperlink with one that has an analytics tracker built in! In order to get this tracking link, we generated new links for these pages using a URL builder so that Piwik will track every-time it is engaged.
Piwik makes a tool for this available online.
- Copy the link out of the Graphic Links Module (or Page) and enter it into the URL builder
- Note: Make sure to use your custom domain, not the production domain.
- Navigate to Piwik URL builder
- Fill in required Step 1 fields
- Website URL: Required, add URL
- Campaign Name: Required, enter the campaign name
- Note: Keep Names and Campaign Keywords to one word only as spaces will be represented as "%20" and can cause tracking problems when converted into ASP links.
- Select Generate URL
- Copy and paste the generated URL into link field in Graphic Links or hyperlink manager
Note: Generating data and will display in your Piwik log in in the next 24 to 48 hours. This delay is due to data compilation.