Who can use this feature?
An “HTTP referrer” or “referrer” is anything on the internet that drives visits and visitors to your website. This can include:
- Affiliate links
- Banner ads
- Links built into software
- Link lists
- Search engines
Whenever someone visits your site, Piwik records where they came from. This is usually in the form of the URL of the page that they were on when they came to your page.
- Navigate to Site Tools > Piwik
- Log in using credentials provided to the primary contact on the account
- Note: The login for Piwik is unique to your organization, but is not the same login you use to get access to your site. If you do not know your login, please contact Support.
- Select the Referrers tab
- Select a Referrers option
- Overview: Overview of all the statistics with all applicable referrers
- All Referrers: Listing of all the referrers used by your users
- Search Engines & Keywords: Narrow down the list to only referrers using search engines and keywords
- Websites & Social: Narrow down the list to only referrers that have used other websites or social media to access your site
- Filter by date
- Export data files as needed for reporting by selecting the down arrow at the bottom of the page