This article will describe how to transfer a domain name to CivicPlus.
- Have your domain registrar verify the contact information
- Verify that the administrator's contact information for the domain is correct. All emails regarding the transfer will go to the administrator's email.
- Request that they Unlock the Domain Name for Transfer
- Request that they Cancel Protected or Private Registration
- If the domain has Protected Registration or Private Registration, you will need to cancel it so that emails can be sent to the appropriate administrator.
- Get the authorization code (EPP code or transfer key) from your current registrar
- This will need to be sent to support in order to complete the transfer.
- Provide the transaction ID and the security code
- This is emailed to the current registrants email address from GoDaddy as an acknowledgement of the transfer request and purchase