Who can use this feature?
This article will show you how to add a linked page. All a linked page can do is display a link to another page.
If you need to edit the page, you can click on it in the left navigation and then click on the versions tab, click the actions button and choose options. You can also change the order of the links in your left navigation if you hover over them, grab the blue cross-hair icon and drag into the position you would like.
- Navigate to the page you want to add the link page to
- Ensure that Live Edit is On
- In the left-hand column, select Add Page
- Fill in the fields:
- Menu Text: Displays in the navigational menus
- Title: Title of the page
- Always Use Page Title for Menu Text: Check for text to automatically match the Page Title when submitted or saved page versions are published.
- Linked Page: Check the box for linked page
- Link: Paste the URL for your page or start typing the name or ID if it is an internal page
- Link Target: Choose if you want the page to open in the same window or a new window
- Use Menu: The link will use the fly-outs from the page you link to if it has any sub-pages and is within your site
- Department Header (optional feature): Make this page a Department Header
- Description: Brief summary of the page (1000 character limit)
- Keywords: Input keywords to assist in search functionalization (separate with commas)
- Miscellaneous Tags: Add HTML tags, do not have to be separated by commas
- Image: Choose an image to represent the page
- Hidden: Hide the page to remove it from menus
- Feature Column: N/A for linked pages
- Click Create Page
- View your linked page
- Click Save And Publish at the top of the page to make active