A .HAR file contains information a web browser generates about how the browser loads a page’s element. It can be useful to help determine if specific elements may be slowing the loading process.
Note: Instructions may vary by browser.
- Navigate to site home page (or page in question)
- Press F12 on your keyboard to open browser tools
- Select Network from the list of tabs
- Press F5 on your keyboard to refresh the page
- Wait for page to fully load, some scripts may continue to load once the page has finished
- Ensure that you click Preserve as Log
- Right-click in the data area and select Save as HAR
- Save the file to your computer
- Browser specific instruction and .har file analysis are available via the G Suite Toolbox’s HAR Analyzer.